Monday, December 20

Dreary day with snow starting arouond 8:00....got about an inch but lots of cruddy-sounding stuff is coming - sleet, freezing rain and heavy snow later this week....ugh!!!!!!   No doubts about having a "White" Christmas this year!

Mark and I went to breakfast for about 15 minutes and good ole Santa appeared with lottery tickets for all (I had a winner) and Sue sat on his lap asking for a new shiny red car parked in her driveway Christmas morning.

Sue and Santa (Ken)

Busy morning - left breakfast and off to get a haircut - we have just the car (Toad)  as Mark's folks will be using our truck with 4-wheel drive this winter.  Then I had an eye check-up to see if those yellow thingies are still in my right eye.    Since the tests (TB and blood work) for Sarcoidosis were all negative, doctor is not concerned (I sure don't know they are in there), so unless I notice a change, I'll go back in one year!

Mark picked me up and off we went (everything blurry with all the dilation) to CJ's to meet our friends, John and Heather from Tennessee who are visiting family in town.    Good lunch and visit!

Heather and John

Now a confession.......Mark started going to Larry, (personal trainer) in October to lift weights and get back in shape.   Good ole Philip had mentioned that "Mom should be doing the same" and... get some good strengthening for the shoulder.   We really like Larry and the individual time he gives us, plus what a difference in my shoulder.   He knows "my story" and I can't believe how much better it feels and how much more I can do.    As long as we were doing this exercise bit, I said "how about some help with the tummy, hips and thighs, sooooo.    We also have a plan of our weight lifting (I'm up to 8# and 12# for Mark - actually 16 and 24#)) when we're away from home.   We had a trial run in NC at Thanksgiving.  So 3x a week, we're doing "our thing" and enjoying it very much.   

Had a session with Larry at 2:00 and then home.   Still have squeaky voice and sneezing and coughing and blowing my nose - this is a real doozy and we keep hearing about a lot of this stuff going on!    Wishing you all a HEALTHY holiday!

No comments: