Wednesday - January 23

Windy, cool, cloudy and temperature slowly creeped up to 69 this morning...exercised, walked and did a bit of cleaning inside Catrina.  Mark polished more of the chrome - that darn salt water makes for never-ending maintenance; however, as much as we prefer the fresh water of the great lakes, you don't get the sea life of frolicking dolphins and our manatee friend who swims by occasionally in and around the boats.     Ray is here waxing the hulls!
 
My Mom loved flowers and every Christmas I would give her an amaryllis plant which came in a box  to be placed in the sun and watered frequently.  Slowly, but surely it would burst forth with beautiful blooms.    Since Mom has been gone the past 4 Christmases, I would buy one for myself with memories of how much she enjoyed this pretty flower.     Unfortunately, I just never had that much luck, and this year it was very s l o w growing.    By the time we left in late December, it had 2 short stalks.    I gave it to Anne and hoped for the best......ta dah.....here's what it looks like today with 3 big blooms!    Apparently the "green thumb" gene skipped a generation!

  Grandma would be so proud, Anne!
 
Rode our bikes this afternoon to post office (mailed Liam's birthday gift), picked up a few things at Publix and a stop at Baricci's for cupcakes and coffee!    Spent the afternoon reading.
 
Around 3, the sun came out and took off on our bikes for Flamingo Island and up and down all the streets!   
 
Really appreciate the daily updates that my cousin Barb is sending regarding Karen's condition out in California.   Lots of praying for her healing, peace, strength and comfort!
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat: Alas, you might get that green thumb as you age. My Mom could not grow anything green from what I remember growing up. My grandmother had the green thumb and could grow most everything. Then lo and behold someone gave my Mother an african violet and it thrived and thrived. Just that fast everything she tried to grow took off. I brought home a lot of her plants when she died and most have done pretty good. Gave a couple to Brooke and one died and I got the rest of them back when she decided that the plants in her house only contributed to her allergies. Just a little trivia for you today in the hopes that one day you can grow plants like your MOM. Judy