Happy 2011

Happy New Year!   We did welcome in the new year (3 boys, Grandpa and I) at the stroke of midnight and watched all the festivities at Times Square.    Slept in today
Drew, Brady and Davis watching TV on Daisy this New Year's morning.

And then I heard that my Dad is in the hospital....waiting for more news, but could be heart related? 
One more picture with sweet Brady and his Dora babies

Very foggy this morning - we left at noon and had the fog for about 20 miles and then cleared up.   I finished "A Land Remembered" this afternoon - cried and cried.....it was wonderful and I highly recommend it!   Author is Patrick Smith (gee, Ryan grew up with and went to school with a Pat Smith, but don't imagine it's the same?)   Mark enjoyed it as much as me!

  Tonight we're settled at Wrens, Georgia with rain.   High temp today was 70 as we were traveling.  Felt so so good!   My cousin, Sublettian friend and nurse, Judi, is our advocate for Dad while Ron, Bob and I are away.   Bless her for checking on Dad today and getting back with a full report.   We should know more tomorrow when his doctor returns from vacation.   I did talk to Dad - he sounded pretty good, just tired and was eating dunner.  He had a rough night and long day at the hospital in ER waiting to be admitted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pat: So sorry about you Dad. Hope he gets on the mend very soon. I know it will be good for him to see his own doctor when he returns. We had a good day in Newton today. Finally got all the presents opened and distributed. Brooke is really enjoying her iPad and even Leigh and Caroline played games on it and got addicted to one. It is one Drew has on his itouch so Leigh is determined to get it on her itouch too. Now, though, after seeing and experimenting with Brooke's iPad she is hooked on that also. Scott just shook his head when she said, "Oh, I want one of those." But, of course, if it was realted to hunting or fishing he would be all over buying that gadget. Have a good trip and hope it quits raining. We had a drizzily, dreary day today. Just for info, Michael and I played Brooke and Bob-Drew at Euchre and we one three games to 0 for them. Michael said he needed me back as his Dad's cards were poor. Next time Brooke and I will have to go against Bob and Michael to see if we can beat them. Love, Judy