Monday - February 20

Aloha and Happy Birthday to me! And special wishes to my brother, Bob who has a big milestone today!!!

Mark and I met Ryan at the ship this morning and dropped off our bags and then got a brief glimpse of the magnitude of the Stennis! My oh my oh my......

Flight deck on the Stennis
Ryan and his Mama in his room on the Stennis

The 28th Annual Great Aloha Run always takes place on Presidents Day and we were in the thick of it - traffic was directed going the wrong way and over 1,500 runners/walkers participating!

Back to Waikiki Beach, walked around, and  enjoyed a perfect birthday lunch with mai tai, crab/bacon/avocado sandwich overlooking the Pacific at the Shore Bird with my hubby and baby.
 Life is GOOD!

Wonderful birthday lunch with my guys
Diamond Head

Ryan was meeting friends at the beach and Mark and I went for a drive to Kailua where the vegetation is very lush and green – beautiful mountains on one side of road and the turquoise waters of the Pacific on the other side. This is great surfing area and the waves are huge – surfers were out there doing their thing! It's been fun the past 3 days, driving around Oahu and seeing all the different landscapes, small towns, big city of Honolulu and overall beauty everywhere!

One thing I meant to mention yesterday when we were visiting John, Mandy and family, the crew and entourage of “Live with Kelly” was in KoOlina to tape her show. Not sure when that is being broadcast – maybe today?

Took lots of pics of all the lovely flowers, too....will be putting a photo album together after this trip......BUT, first things first and this vacation is all about the Tiger Cruise (just thankful they chose Hawaii as the spot to begin it all) Tonight we will spend on the ship; tomorrow, around noon (Hawaii time), we begin our voyage (6-days to San Diego). We will not have phone or internet service, so....no blogging for at least a week. I'll be keeping a daily journal, taking lots of photos and will update after returning to Florida.

It's been a very memorable birthday with phone calls from my kids, grandsons, Mark's parents, Aunt Marian and my friend, Missy in Arizona. Bob and I had a good chat, and I thank you for the texts and facebook messages - much appreciated!

Take care and be thinkin' of us this next week.....safe safe, happy and healthy!

No comments: