Tuesday - October 3

 We had a big day starting with Mark off to WalMart to get a Rx driving Anne's car and me in "Ruby" heading to the Minonk Chocolate Co.    I picked up several caramel apples - what an awesome place.   I was blown away by hearing that from the day after Labor day thru Halloween, they make 4,200 apples with and without nuts EVERY single day!!!!!    They are shipped all over the country!

This man is sorting thru the apples making sure they are top notch
Dipping the apples into warm caramel and then rolling in crushed peanuts
The finished product ready to be individually wrapped
Soooo good!

Onto The Uptown Grill in LaSalle to meet Bob, Linda, Jane, Allie and friends, Ruth and Butch.     Jane, Allie, Ruth and I all went to Midstate College so have known one another since 1966 (several years earlier for Jane and me).    I was in 4-H with Butch many years ago.  We enjoyed our lunches and catching up.  

The Midstate Gals
Ruth, Pat, Allie, Jane
Butch, Ruth, Pat, Mark, Jane, Allie, Linda, Bob

Said our good byes and hope we can get together next year!    Sooo many happy memories from so long ago.

So Mark and I were back on the road traveling west on I-80 to Iowa City.   Traffic was heavy with so many trucks and plenty of construction. About 2 hours later, we were with Liam.    We took some treats to him, he showed us his dorm room, we met Joe, his roommate from Minnesota and then we all went to our hotel room.   Settled in and later, drove to the Wig and Pen and met Tessa (Drew's girlfriend).     Great to be with these 2 Hawkeyes and hear about Liam's freshman year and Tessa's job out in the working world!   Bummer Drew couldn't be with us - he's in Chicago this week working.

Tessa, Pat, Liam, Mark

After seeing a picture of my new car, Blair thought it should be called "Ruby".    Good name and that's what I'll call her.    Although this Lincoln Corsair is 3 years newer than Little Navy....oh my, several new features and things moved around.....will take some time to figure it all out!









No comments: