April 21

Mark just checked in from Sisal, Alabama where he and Gary are settled for the night at Bobby's Fish Camp.    Not much there - just a dock to tie up to and they are rafted off with another boat - no water or electricity.    The lady who runs Bobby's has a restaurant open Thursday thru Sunday.   But since there were 4 guys tonight, she offered to prepare supper and they enjoyed shrimp, fries, cole slaw and hush puppies (with honey)!    Sounds like quite the place.   They went thru their first lock today in Coffeyville, AL with many more to come.    Catrina and crew traveled 138 miles and fuel at Bobby's is $3.15 per gallon.

I'm back from a fun evening with my Sublettian friends - these gals and Bill (a guy Sublettian) traveled from the north, east and west for wonderful Italian dinners/wine at Basta's.    And here we are...

Back:   Mary, Pat, Patty, Ann and Jane
Front:   Kay, Marilyn, Debbi, Anita and Bill

I had lunch with my Exchange Club.  I had thought and hoped with Mark gone, that maybe I would lose a few lbs.since I'm not doing any cooking,    WRONG!!!  Not cooking, but sure eating good!  Oh, but so much fun hanging out and catching up with these friends!  Sigrunn (neighbor) and I went for a walk on a pretty spring afternoon.   Nite nite!

No comments: