April 9

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Annette, our daughter-in-law.   We hope she has a great day!!!
Annette - the Birthday Girl

Woke up early this morning as Mark and I had to drive back to Apalach for my last therapy session at 9:00.    Said goodbye to the kids but the little guys were all still asleep!
Davis, Brady and Drew sleeping away on Catrina

Mark did laundry while I was at therapy and then we had a good chat with Tom as he wrote out his thoughts and recommendations for my therapy/recovery.    At this point, out of a "5" being the best use of shoulder, I am at "2.5" so.....still a ways to go but as Mark said, I came back from "0".    Tom wants me to have an MRI of spine and neck as I'm still so stiff and just to rule out any other injuries.    It was a sad farewell to Tom and all the staff as we said good-bye with a promise to keep in touch and visit when we are back in the area.     They have been so caring and supportive these past 3 weeks and I will sure miss them!   I had pictures of Tom, Miss Pam and Miss Martha Pearl from one week ago when we went out for dinner, but here's another sweetie....Miss Anastacia
Miss Anastacia (PT aide)
Beautiful azaleas which are in full bloom everywhere!

We arrived back in Panama City just in time to get few more things off Catrina before she was lifted out of water.    The folks at the Lighthouse Marina will do a coat of bottom paint and install a depth gauge over the next 10 days.   Mark and our friend, Gary will return on the 19th to start the journey north.
Catrina lifted out
Mark and workers following Catrina to her new spot on land for 10 days.
We left Panama City around 2:30 (now on central time zone) with a few stops along the way (treat at Baskin Robbins and then walked and got arm out of sling for a bit).    The car trip is definitely more painful and bumpy than on the water!    I mentioned to Tom how very sore I was all day yesterday and he had several patients say the same thing - the rainy weather with fronts coming in, storms and barometric pressure all contribute to big-time achiness!   

Tonight we are in Troy, Alabama and have about 11 hours to home, but planning to stretch it out over the next 2 days - always feels good to stop and stretch!



No comments: