Tuesday - January 31

Feels like springtime here in central IL with a balmy high of 56 (sunshine this morning and cloudy afternoon).    I wrote thank you notes, and all 6 of us visited "Saint" Judi and her Mom, Betty this afternoon.   We had so much fun reminiscing and sharing "Dad" stories from years ago - lots of good laughs!

Had early dinner at The Roadhouse - excellent pizza and now back at Bob and Linda's winding down.    We plan to fly back into Fort Myers Beach on Thursday afternoon, so one more big day to wrap up
 funeral details.

My Dad kept a diary since he was 19 (1937) and what fun to follow his life thru the years....oh my....just very matter of fact, that was my Dad who did not elaborate or embellish the stories - stick to the basics (weather, what he did, etc.)

I can't tell you how many times that you, my friends, have asked in the past few years, "How's your Dad doing"?   I will miss that, but guess if I had to answer, I could say (hopefully)....."very well, thank you"!!!
I can only imagine all the fun he's having up there with family and friends catching up with those who have gone long before him (especially his Mother who passed away when Dad was only 13).

No comments: