Tuesday night - January 24

On my 3-hour flight from Miami to Chicago this morning I had time to cry, say the rosary and savor my memories of Dad.

Along with his strong faith, was the love for his family and his life's passion, “farming”! After sooo many plantings and harvests, he could enjoy the fruits of his labors.
I can only imagine St. Peter waiting at the Pearly Gates early this morning with a warm “Welcome Pete” and then the joyous celebration as he entered the Kingdom of Heaven and met Jesus, Mom, his family and friends. He is finally home and free of all ailments!

Dad was a Cub fan over the years but would get so frustrated when “they blew it again”!!!! What a thrill it would have been for the Cubbies to win the world series.....but that was not meant to be in his lifetime.

How ironic that both Mom and Dad died on Tuesdays and Mark and I were in Alaska (far north) for Mom and in south FL for Dad's passing.

When we sent out the e-mail to our kids in the wee hours this morning, we immediately heard from Ryan via e-mail – how comforting to hear his thoughts and special memories from so far away. And then he called on my way home and we had a great chat.

For countless times in recent years, I have asked for your prayers for Dad thru so many illnesses, hospitalizations, procedures, surgeries, etc.. and the numerous times we thought “this is it”. But that “power of prayer” did work and I thank you for your thoughtfulness, prayers and love. God bless you all...

Love you, Dad

No comments: