Friday - March 8

 Posted by Mark:

Started the day with Mass at St. Vincent's.  Lent is flying by.  After mass filled up the car with gas and also got it washed.

Around 11 we headed to Backyard Social to meet Dick and Shirley.  They went to Amboy High School with Pat.  We catch up with them every year, they spend February and March in Naples.

Dick, Shirley, Pat, Mark

Once we got back home a nap was in order for each of us.  Then I worked on a question Maeve asked for her school project.  She needed to know when some of her ancestors came to the USA and why.  I traced my Dad's side as I knew about when they came from Ireland.  

My Dad's grandparents came from Ireland in the mid 1850s.  I got some of the names using the Find A Grave website and working backwards.  It is amazing what is available online.

A nice long walk around the park ended our day while the sun was still up.  With the upcoming time change it will be light almost to 8 p.m.

No comments: