May 11

Big day starting with Claire picking me up and meeting Anita and Kathy at CJ's for breakfast.   Claire took me to therapy (Lee) and really hurt big time.    It's been 6 days since the "pros" did their thing and even though I was doing exercises 3x a day, was also traveling over the weekend, and the ole shoulder was very tight and stiff.    So, I have more things to do at home and will just be working working working to get "unfrozen" (shudder every time I hear that word "frozen" and what it means with a shoulder injury)!!!

Then, Mark and I were off to the Balance and Dizziness Center where Charlotte (physical therapist) and Crystal (aide) did several exercises with my head and eyes.   I wore heavy very dark tight-fitting goggles and the whole time, Charlotte is looking at my eyes on her computer screen which tells the whole story.    She knew immediately when I was dizzy or things were spinning (so did I)!!!     But after lying down and doing some head movements (3 x), she was satisfied that the rocks/crystals were back where they belong.   She showed me a plastic ear with all the internal parts and explained how this all came about!    She wants to see me next Tuesday for follow-up and make sure I'm having no more vertigo.    I told her she was "Wonder Woman" and gave her a big hug!    This facility was quite something and oh-so-many folks dealing with various issues related to balance and dizziness.

Some interesting tidbits about this office visit....I was told to wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing and soft-soled shoes; NO makeup; no eating or drinking for 2 hours prior to test; no caffeine, alcohol, and avoid several medications the day of.

Mark and I went to Ming's for dinner (pigged out on all-you-can-eat Chinese) and now getting some things ready for him to leave in the morning for Kentucky (hoping to depart with Catrina on Friday IF water levels are satisfactory and safe to travel).

I'm doing my last set of exercises and then off to LaLaLand - really dragging tonight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pat: Glad things at the Center went well and hopefully all your rocks are back in their right places. Am at Brooke and Michael's ready to tackle the next few days keeping everyone on schedule, feed, school work done and anything else that arises. Hope Mark can finally get Catrina up to the Illinois river and your final marina for the Summer. On to read a little and to bed. JudyB