May 14

Marty picked me up this morning and we had breakfast at I-Hop and then he took me to therapy with Lee who did lots of measurements and wrote up a progress report for me to take to Dr. Novotny (orthopedic doctor).    That visit followed therapy and after another set of x-rays were taken, Dr. said to keep up the 3x per week therapy for another 6 weeks and then he'll see me and we'll re-evaulate.    My range of motion is going well (numbers are much better than when I started; however, far from where they need to be).   So........will keep pluggin' along with a few new exercises to do at home and he especially wants me working more with the range of motion (pulleys and wall climbers - paint rollers) versus the strengthening which will come later.

Lots of neighbors were out and about today planting flowers, mowing their yards, etc.   Candy had planted some of my flowers while we were in NC last weekend and today, did the flower box - looks sooo pretty!   I am so blessed with GREAT neighbors/friends!!!!!

Tonight, Marty, Candy, Norma and I went to Cheeks and had their awesome cheeseburgers and enjoyed Patrick's (son-in-law) singing, and playing the keyboard and guitar!   We all really enjoyed the evening with lots of laughs and chatter!

This afternoon, Mark met Ryan who flew in from CA and they are off to pick up Ryan's new 5th Wheel near Cincinnati.    After checking it all out in the morning, Mark will follow Ryan as they truck back to St. Louis where the 5th Wheel will be when Philip arrives Sunday and starts the journey to CA.   Ryan has to be back Sunday, so he's flying to CA and will be waiting for his new "home" to arrive.   Never a dull moment in our family!!!

Not much change with the river levels - Mark plans to be home sometime in the next few days; in the meantime another glitch in the travel plans came when we read about the Peoria Lock closing to pleasure boaters June 1 - August 29 for maintenance!     Whew....not an easy task getting Catrina up in these parts!

No comments: