Monday - November 16

Busy day running around and not pleasant with rain, wind and chilly temps!   I left around 8:30 for the Grove Street Bakery to pick up pastries for Mark's birthday and share with our Monday morning breakfast group.    Just 8 of us today, but fun as always.   Mark had blood work done before breakfast, too, and we were each on our way!
 
I did a little shopping and then met the BBB (babies, books, bridge) friends for lunch at Destihl.    Hadn't been with most of these gals in a year, so lots to yak about! 
 
Long-time friends...
Ruth, Karen, Cathy, Pat, Sue, Sharon
 
Had planned to run a few more errands after lunch, but it was so nasty out, I came back to our place and then later, Mark and I were off to the pain management doctor for my neck.   Dr. Nauer is very nice (his son Will and Liam are in 5th grade together at Corpus Christi).    He took x-rays and nothing significant showed up.....could be from a past trauma?    Only thing that comes to mind was the accident 5 years ago crossing the street in St. Pete.....even though that's a long time ago, something could've triggered it?    But he's thinking arthritis and/or nerve issues so putting me on Neurontin - low dose to start with.    Not sure whether therapy will continue or not - they will let me know.
I will go back December 16th - see if the pills work before they do an MRI or injections.
 
So good to get back "home" and flick the switch for a nice warm fire and a cup of tea!     Enjoyed "home sweet home" for about 2 hours and then Brenda picked me up and we were off to Baxter's for dinner with the Monday Night Friends (7 of us) . 
Good food and friends, but now so good to be back home!
 
The "S" word is in the forecast for Saturday...yikes!!!  
 
 
 
 

No comments: