Thursday-Friday, September 8-9

Thursday -  Up early and a big day ahead.    I left Port Clinton at 7:20 AM with Mark waiting for the guys to come and get Catrina lifted out.   I had 154 miles to Shipshewana and did 1 stop at a service plaza.    They had a Starbucks, so.....my1st pumpkin spice latte of the season cost $6.70.   WOW...ouch!    I had all interstate driving except for the last 16 miles.    As soon as I got off I-80, I knew I was in Amish country with clothes hanging on the lines, no electricity running from houses and farm buildings and lots of horses and buggies.

Bob and Linda arrived just before me, so we hooked up in their hotel parking lot and Bob chauffeured we girls to downtown.    Walked around and so impressed with the beautiful fall decor along the streets and at businesses.   

Had lunch at JoJo's Pretzels (good stuff) and then more shopping.    All went well with Catrina's lift-out and Mark arrived at 2, got Flo settled at the Shipshewana South Campground and later I picked him up while Bob and Linda checked into their room (the campground and hotel were just 3 blocks apart).   We had an early dinner at the Blue Gate Restaurant - family style chicken and all the fixins' (they do not let you take any leftovers home which is really crazy as we paid for all this good food, but that's their policy, so.....)

Beautiful fall decorations in Shipshewana
Linda and Bob
Us
All of us outside the Blue Gate Restaurant/Theater

After dinner, we sat outside and later went upstairs to the Blue Gate Theater for the musical "Dear Soldier Boy" which was delightful.    A fun way to end a really nice day and such gorgeous weather.    So sad to hear about Queen Elizabeth's passing.

Friday - we slept in and Mark drove a short distance to the Das Kaffee Haus for coffees and a pecan/maple muffin for him and a lemon/blueberry scone for me!   👍

We left the campground at 10:40 (happy to gain an hour back once we got into IL).    Good trip with me following Big Red/Flo.....mostly thru the country.    Stopped in Monticello, IN at Harvest Time for lunch.   Arrived at Kamp Komfort at 4:06 - yeah!    Checked in with Micci at office and Mark drove to our site.

Light supper tonight - we are both tired and happy to be "home"!



No comments: