Monday - January 2

First order of business for the day was call an Uber driver to take me to CentraCare and Mark to the airport for car rental.    Dr. Kennedy diagnosed me with cold/sinus infection and gave me a low dose of prednisone, a Z-pack and pearl gel pills for my cough.    Sooo much crud gong around in Florida.   He said "eventually" I would've gotten over this, but who knows how long that would take and I'm tired of blowing my nose and hacking away!
 
Mark picked me up and we were off to Lakeland - nice day with Ron and Vicki, Matt, Elisha, Jemma and Theo.    They are having a great time visiting from Australia and enjoying the nice FL weather versus the very hot summer happening now down under.
 
Theo, 8

Vicki standing by her shell Christmas wreath

Elisha and Matt

Ron, Elisha and Jemma, 11
 
So fun to see these folks again.    Australia has been on my bucket list for a long time and can't wait to check it out.   We would have Matt and Elisha to suggest and share their favorites and enjoy some time together.    Maybe 2018???
 
We had pork bar-b-que sandwiches, cole slaw and hush puppies for lunch +++ assorted cheesecake for dessert.   Also got to see Dan and Sue (Bob and Linda's friends) who were enjoying the pool on this beautiful 85 degree day.    They are in Lakeland for the winter!
 
Said our good byes and drove back to Lakeland, turned in car at the airport which is directly across from the Daytona International Speedway (what an enormous complex) and got to Catrina by 5:50.
 
Tomorrow....taking off south and hope to make a big day of it.     Plans have changed in recent days.    Once we are settled in Stuart (Wednesday?), we'll be going to Lake Worth.  I'll stay with Philip, Annette and kiddies and Mark is flying to Norfolk to help Ryan with rest of the journey onto DC.
 
Tomorrow Ryan and 2 friends leave Charleston and hope to be in Norfolk by Thursday.    Hard to keep track of all our goings on.....yikes!
 
 
 
 

No comments: