Thursday - June 7

Woke up to sunny skies but sure didn't last long as the ole clouds rolled in - only 47, too!    Mark exercised and then attacked his job list...
 
Around 10, we moseyed over to the Canal Walk Café (recommended by Dr. Shapiro and of course, Trip Advisor) - what a fun little spot full of things on the wall for sale, odds and ends for tables and chairs and very friendly folks.    We had a really good breakfast and then Mark went back to the boat and I browsed some of the shops - love the names...
The Purple Painted Lady
Two Twisted Sisters
A La Maison
Beyond the Attic Door
 
I stopped at Shamballa and had Emmett make me another yummy skinny vanilla latte with his neat artwork on top!    I sat and read for awhile and then back to Catrina.    And the sun came out and warmed up to 73.   Tah dah!
 
3 weeks ago today I got the injection in my hip.    I've had some good and not-so-good days but past few days, really been bothering me and "hurts" to walk!!!    Waiting to hear back from Brian, the PA who did it and see what he says.    I hate that I can't get out and do some good walking as we are near a beautiful park, walking/biking trail nearby and an old cemetery.   I took off for downtown this morning s l o w l y, but by golly, not wanting to miss out on anything!   
 
Tonight I "limped" slowly to A La Maison which was having an open house - Michelle was serving blackberry/basil spritzers and lots of finger foods.    What a fun shop....met Mark downstairs at Olives Eatery for dinner.    We sat outdoors in a very pretty courtyard on this spectacular night.    Ahhhh, this is what we've been waiting for......perfect weather for dining Al fresco and enjoying our wonderful pasta dishes, good wine and topped off sharing lemon mascarpone - wow!    Waddled back to Catrina with plenty of leftovers.
 
 WONDERFUL dessert
 
The Canal Walk Café and Two Twisted Sisters

Beautiful cart of flowers on the porch at 2 Twisted Sisters
 
It was a really good day - B'ville is such a neat little town.  Mark got a lot done (he so enjoys working on his boat), I had a good time out and about, good eating and weather turned gorgeous.  
Now.....to get some relief from the hip? 
 
Luke and Maeve having fun with his underwear?
It's the "little" things in life that make you happy!

No comments: