Tuesday - June 12

Woke up to another gorgeous day.    Cool mornings and evenings with perfect mid 70's during the day,  Mark, Hope and I were off to the Glen Mountain Coffee Co. for breakfast - coffee/latte, pecan/caramel roll for Mark and blackberry scone for me.
 
"Hope" is what I'm calling my new walking buddy.    Although it looks like a pretty blue color in the picture, Hope is black (only choice ).   I'm praying "Hope" gives me "hope" to get thru this hip pain....
 
Mark came back to Catrina and finished installing his new GPS....he's very happy with his new electronic gadget!    I stayed at the coffee shop and read a while and then Hope and I walked back stopping at the beautiful Harborwalk Hotel which is next to the marina.   Wow....a first-class gorgeous facility and we hear a wonderful restaurant?    Folks were sitting outdoors overlooking the hills/vineyards reading by the fire in their Adirondack chairs and others eating breakfast in the sunshine with beautiful landscaping all around!

I did some housekeeping chores on Catrina.    Mark rode his bike to the gorge area which is very popular in Watkins Glen with lots of waterfalls, pretty views, etc.    He went to scope it out hoping we could both ride there; however, once you get to the state park by car or bike, it's another mile of walking up many steps.   At one time that would've been doable, but not now.....so, we'll just enjoy the pretty pictures we've seen of this big attraction!    Beautiful pics online if you want to see...
just Google    Watkins Glen gorge

We rode our bikes to Wal Mart (amazing how the hip can hurt when I walk but feels great bike riding.)  Guess it uses different muscles?    Anyway, a nice ride, picked up a few groceries and just enjoyed this spectacular day!

We played dice in the afternoon - today I had all the luck winning 3 games!    Then we gave Catrina a good scrubbing. 

We had dinner at the Blue Pointe Grille (Harborwalk Hotel) - excellent and a beautiful evening to dine outdoors.

Sweet Blair getting a pedi….lucky girl!

Pretty nails

and tootsies

 
Fun in the sand at Camp Lake James
 
 Promoting Patrick's Band in upstate New York....

I got a new update from my orthopedic office - keep icing and take 12 Ibuprofen and 6 Tylenol daily
Yikes....that's a lot of pills.


 
 
 



 
 
 
 
 

No comments: