Sunday - January 2

 Breezy and sunny Sunday.    I made ham and cheese omelets and toast and then we went to Mass on Flo with Bishop Robert Reed in Boston.    With the high numbers for Covid here in Florida, we decided to do online Mass for a few weeks and avoid crowds, mingling, etc.    It was so good to be back with Bishop Reed - one of our favorites during the long spell of not attending Mass in person.

Went for a walk and stopped to visit Jim and Lydia.   Invited them to come over this afternoon for some euchre!

Sometimes when I'm walking by myself, I listen to music on my ear pod.....today I had favorite Catholic music that we hear frequently in church.    Love all these familiar tunes.

Jigsaw puzzles are a favorite pastime for some of our family, including Mark's sister, Marilyn, my brother Bob and our cousin, Eileen.    Here is the latest from Marilyn....


Wow....right out of a Hallmark movie!

A lazy Sunday reading, walking and then euchre with Jim and Lydia.    Mark and I beat them 2 games and then Lydia and I beat the guys 2 games.    They brought me a delicious iced caramel latte and later we had snacks.    I sent dessert home with them.    Great time on a beautiful afternoon.

Fun afternoon of euchre with these two
Pretty Sunday night sky at Cypress Trail

Hearing some good music from across the lake tonight - lots of oldies and some great Elvis tunes.

Zoom tonight with all but Nancy and Theresa - Covid was the main topic with some family members testing positive recently.

Have a happy, healthy 1st week of 2022


















No comments: