Wednesday - January 12

 A wonderful last day in Marathon starting with Mark and me going to Sunset Grille for their Bananas Foster French Toast which Philip discovered and several of us have thoroughly enjoyed thru the years.

I checked out the Isla Bella Market Place while Mark picked up Jim and Lydia's to-go-order (the awesome French Toast and an omelet).    

Our view for breakfast
Bananas Foster French Toast

The Market is full of cute clothes, gifts, nautical stuff, and a food/coffee bar.    As with the rest of the resort, this is 1st class.

We brought Jim and Lydia their breakfast and Mark and I went to the Sombrero Country Club to walk around the golf course.    Another gorgeous day.   

Jim and Lydia played a board game and Mark and I read on our tablet and I-pad on the beach by the tiki hut.    Later we spent several hours playing rummikube in the warm, breezy sunshine.   Lydia and I enjoyed some delicious girlie drinks.

Lydia and her "Miami Vice"
Our backyard porch
Beach was pretty much deserted today with the strong winds
A perfect last day in Marathon

We walked to The Lighthouse Grill in the Faro Blanco resort - another great meal.  
Red snapper for Jim and Lydia, beef tenderloin for Mark and macadamia encrusted mahi mahi for me.

Jim and Lydia went to Publix for several desserts - oh my.....eat, eat, eat!   We all do it so well!

Tomorrow we head back to Fort Myers taking lots of fun, delicious memories with us!








   

No comments: