Monday, November 8

Absolutely beautiful day - balmy-like and they are promising 4-5 days of this wonderful stuff!!!    Mark and I had breakfast with the Monday Morning Friends and I took treats for Mark's birthday from the Grove Street Bakery (assorted cookies ).   Took baggies for everyone to load up and enjoy later...

Then off  to my eye doctor for follow-up from 2 weeks ago.    After putting 5 drops in each eye (that's heavy dilation), and thorough exam by technician and then the doctor, I was told  (same as 2 weeks ago) that the floaters are there along with a a saran-wrap type coating causing a film.    He feels that will go away eventually - rentina is A-OK.   However, there is still the inflammation and small yellowish nodules and not sure what this is about, but ruling out possible TB or Sarcoidosis.    He sent me to my regular doctor for TB test and blood work and should know within a few days if I have either of these conditions.  He is almost 99% sure I do NOT, but just checking!    He will call with the results and I'm to see him again on 12/20.
This was certainly an "eye-opening" experience (no pun intended)!!!

Eyes are a bit blurry and after lunch Mark drove me around for a few errands including a short visit with friend, Martha who had surgery last week.     Back home and hopped on our bikes and hit the trail - what a great ride on this very pretty day (71 degrees).    Should be a good week for some outdoor chores - washing windows, digging up the flowers, raking leaves and more bike riding (not a chore - ha)!

Dad's nursing home is still on lockdown and no idea when it will be lifted!    Mark and I had planned to take him to a doctor appointment Thursday, but that's iffy!    Glad he's feeling good today, though!

Eight of the Monday Night Friends met at Panera for supper and chatter - so much to talk about...new grandbaby for Tamara (oohing and aahing over pictures), our Adopt-a-Family shopping and gift wrapping, going to Arcola for High Tea and our Christmas gift exchange, etc.....and of course, where to meet and eat next week!

Mark was home enjoying  leftovers from his birthday dinner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pat: We also had good warm weather today which was nice after a cold, cold weekend. It is supposed to the nice the next two days. Should have gotten out to enjoy this weather, but had inside chores to get to today. Out to Monday night Bridge tonight with only three of our five members there with one guest. Next month is our Christmas dinner so I am to plan our night out. I finally contacted Ocean Spray about their Cranberry Orange and they said that they do not make it anymore. I am trying to find something else that will work, but am only finding things you have to order which could be expensive if you have to pay for shipping. Not sure it is worth going to all that trouble. I am going to look at one more shop here to see what they can suggest or have on hand. I do have one container left that a friend gave me last year when I was complaining that I could not find it anymore. I have been hoarding it all year. I will probably make it for Thanksgiving this year and at least we will have one more Thanksgiving with the good salad. Well have a good week and enjoy the nice weather.

Love, Judy