November 2

Not a cloud in the sky this gorgeous fall day...got a bunch of stuff done around home and then met 6 friends from our boating group at Jim's Steak House for lunch.    Back home for a bit and then I left to see my Dad.   Sign on the outside door said "CAUTION" - Beyond these doors, there is gastrointestinal flu!    yikes....Dad has had a touch of the flu the past few days and now it is really moving around the nursing home.   In fact, tonight for dinner, all residents were to stay in their rooms instead of venturing to the dining room.   I didn't stay too long and hope and pray I didn't get any bugs and that Dad gets over his soon!

Mark stayed home today - still coughing and from we hear, this could go on and on...

Had a yummy Chinese dinner with  Bob and Linda and then Bob and I went to Mass - a special All Souls Day Mass in memory of those who have died in the past year or so.   As the names were read, family members lit a candle- very special!   I saw several relatives and friends I hadn't seen in a long while from my hometown.    spending the night with Bob and Linda and now watching election results!

No comments: