Wednesday, December 29

While Mark winterized the house, I went to Meijer's and picked up a few piddlies, and then sat at Starbucks with my skinny peppermint mocha and blueberry coffeecake (fat-free) till he called me to come on home.    I guess he has this "closing up the house" bit down to a science as it  took him just 1 hour to drain the pipes and hot water heater, put pink anti-freeze in toilets, sink drains and basement drains (drains can dry out and let sewer gas come into house).  This is all done in case the furnace goes out which happened a few years ago!.   At 8:00 we were backing out of the driveway and on our way!

Beautiful bright sunny skies most of the morning and then..............very dreary and off and on drizzle, but we were at 41 degrees.   Seeing several RV's heading south and majority from Michigan!

I've been taking a few cat naps and reading very good book "A Land Remembered",  along with texting on my new phone and checking e-mails on my laptop!   

We are in Knoxville tonight - last 50 miles had lots of traffic and all stop 'n go!   Good supper of comfort food at Cracker Barrel!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pat: Thought we might see you this weekend, but you said you were leaving Saturday so have a good Winter in Florida. Do hope the weather gets better. Understand it has been cold down there for a few weeks so hopefully it will warm up and be of normal temps by the time you arrive. I started The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. Am enjoying so far and can't wait till I really get into the heart of this book since I have heard good things about this series. Have a safe trip to Newton. Judy