Friday - December 14

All of our hearts are heavy and very sad tonight after what happened in Newtown, CT today......wishing I could hug our 5 grandsons tonight - extra tight!  
 
Despite the horrific news today, the sun was shining brightly - tonight and tomorrow, rain is coming which will fit the mood!    I did get some very good news hearing that my pathology report came back negative!    Wonderful Christmas gift!   Thank you God!!!!!!!
 
Mark is ready to turn the blogging back to me, so.....he has been an awesome caregiver!!!!   And I (we) can't thank you all enough for your kind thoughts and prayers these past few days.    I am so blessed with wonderful friends who've stopped by with meals, delicious Christmas goodies, fruit, soup, flowers, etc.   We are missing a few parties this week and so, one of my Monday Night Friends (she is actually an every-day/night-of-the-week-friend) brought the party to us with Christmas plates and napkins, mini ham sandwiches, soup, veggies and dip, fresh fruit, cheese and crackers and party mix!!!    THANK YOU ALL sooooooo MUCH!    
 
I'm just hanging out on the couch these days enjoying the Christmas lights and music with my technology close by - I-phone, I-pad, computer, Nook, etc., and making lists, resting, reading, napping, etc.    I feel good and by Monday, will be ready to get out and about with a haircut appointment.   I go back to the doctor on Wednesday.
 
I was to report this past Monday morning for jury duty.   My doctor had sent a letter and I was excused because of the surgery.    Well......all week long a murder trial has been going on and still continuing into next week as the defense will take over on Monday!     Yikes....perhaps this surgery was a blessing in disguise???

Another day brightener is enjoying the cards/letters/pictures that come in the mail!
Wishing you a merry, fun weekend with lots of prayers focused on Newtown and their loss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pat: Don't know if you know, but Brooke's friend Rae lives in Sandy Hook, CT. When I heard the school was in Newtown and before I heard it was Sandy Hook Elementary, I did not think anything about Rae. Then I heard Sandy Hook School and I really became very concerned. I called Brooke who then tried to get Rae but could not get through. She ended up calling Rae's Mom and learned that it was not the same school that two of Rae's children attend. Both of us were so relieved for Rae's sake, but, of course, so saddened about all those children and their families. What a tragedy!!!!! Just don't know what is happening these days. Later I saw on FB that Rae had posted a note saying that her children were safe. So glad you are feeling better and the path report was a positive one. It is always good to hear these things because waiting is very stressful. Been there, done that and don't want to do it again. Time for my yearly Mamo, which I am not looking forward to doing at all, but know that it is something all us women have to endure. Well, have a good weekend and continue to take it easy. Know Mark is glad to be off Blog duty!!! Love, JudyB