Wednesday - August 6

We unloaded our stuff last night and I put everything away this morning while Mark started installing new air conditioner unit for bedrooms.    He never ceases to amaze me with his talent for "fixing" and "installing" things!!!!!    Quite proud of my man!!!!
 
I went to the little market here in Oxford for a few groceries and then drove a short ways out of town to a roadside stand for watermelon, tomato, peach and sweet corn.  
 
So happy to report that our friend, Heather who had the stroke after sinus surgery 2 weeks ago was released from Baylor Rehab today and doing well.    The "Power of Prayer" works again.   Her doctors are amazed at her progress!
 
I'm reading a really good book "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" - true story and totally amazing what this woman and her family endured!    Our nephew-in-law, Ryan recommended it and I certainly do, too.....and I'm not that far into it yet.
 
Luke went to the park today and was swinging with friends
 
Did face time with Drew and "Ted" (kitty) this afternoon - good 1st day of high school!
 
The market was out of bacon and lettuce, but expected to have some at 9 AM tomorrow.    We will be there and then planning to take off for a few days.     Looking forward to BLT's and sweet corn tomorrow night.
 
To celebrate Mark's successful installation today, we walked to Latitude 38 for delicious dinner (he had the prime rib special and I had the Caesar Seafood Salad) both awesome and then shared (just a few bites for me)..... warm peach cobbler w/ice cream and whipped cream!   My oh my!!!
 
Sat in the park overlooking the Tred Avon River on this very calm, beautiful evening.....till the bugs came out and then back to Catrina!
 
Brooke's parents are vacationing this week with Brady and another grandson, Cooper near Destin, FL.     Today they drove to  Pensacola and saw the Blue Angels practice and Ryan!
 
 
 





No comments: