Tuesday - June 5

Chilly, breezy day with clouds and sun!    Waiting patiently for the sun to return in full force along with warm temps.  
 
We left Catrina at 8:45 and drove 12 miles west to Baldwinsville (or B'ville as the locals call it).   I had checked dental offices in Brewerton, but was able to get in the quickest, had great reviews, etc.,  here in B'ville, so....
 
Mark and I had coffee/latte at the Shamballa Coffee Café.    Neat little place with Emmett, the purveyor of fine coffees so pleasant to chat with. 
 
An "Emmett" work of art - just like Coffee Hound in Bloomington
 
  I walked across the street to Dr. Suzanne Shapiro (in the old post office) for my 10:30 appointment.   Mark ran a bunch of errands + got a haircut.
 
Okay.....so I was a bit of a challenge with my tooth issue.    First of all after x-ray was taken, I was told I lost a filling and not a crown.    After discussing my options and being a nomad, best course of treatment (root canal, crown, implant, etc.), she suggested she do a temporary filling until I am with my regular dentist and then an implant would seem to be the best choice.   Since that won't be until November, she did the filling and then made an "exiss" (retainer to keep tooth in place for protection IF I should lose the filling).    A mold was taken and I should have it in a week.
 
I really enjoyed Dr. Shapiro and her very friendly staff.    She was so thorough explaining in great detail what was going on (not much of my original tooth left, so that's the big problem).   She had a neat sense of humor and even recommended a "must read" book "A Little Paris Bookshop"
 
Baldwinsville is where we plan to stop for a few days whenever we leave here as it's on the Erie Canal and just a neat little town.    I got the scoop from the Dr. and assistant,Veronika as to where we should eat, shop, etc.    Lots of good choices so looking forward to coming back (maybe tomorrow)?    We stopped at Panera and had soup (good day for that) and then Mark went to Lowe's and I sat in truck and read. 
 
Back to hunker down on Catrina - barely made it to 60 breezy degrees!
 
Mark is installing a folding table by our rear sofa.    We had it specially made by James (PDQ "Wonder Man") from Midland, Ontario when we were together in Stuart for the PDQ Rendezvous in January.    We've been carrying it around on Flo since then all wrapped in thick moving pad and tape.    Big job and 1/2 way done.   Now it's "wine time"!
 
It stays light up here in NY way past 9:00.   It's gloomy out.....so ready for some sun and wish some of the moisture we've had could go south and hit Bloomington!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: