Thursday - April 25

 A busy day with some emotion (no big surprise and you know I hate good byes) for me....I drove myself for the 1st time to the Sanctuary (Lee Health) and last PT with Chad.   

Some tears for me saying good bye to this guy - Chad has been so supportive and encouraging!   We had many good chats and I will miss him (not the PT, though)!  😂

I drove downtown for my mani pedi but first stopped at Peter's for coffee and pastries to go.   Stefan and Marika were sitting outside enjoying their coffee - they are such sweet folks and our very favorite coffee shop!

Stefan, Marika, Pat

Then to enjoy some pampering with Alisa for a fresh mani pedi.   She's been fun to visit with this season and does a great job....till October!

Alisa

I parked in the Luminary Hotel parking lot.   I paid inside the hotel for the parking, got in Ruby with my ticket to get thru the gate and waited for a truck and car in front of me to leave.   But, the gate would not open....2 guys who work at the hotel apologized that I was stranded (1st guy) and the next one said, "so sorry for taking you hostage".    Not sure what they did cause it wouldn't go up manually either.   20 minutes later, I was on my way!

Back home for a quick lunch and what a wonderful surprise......our friends from Arizona are on a long camping trip and lo and behold, are staying the next 3 nights right here in Cypress Trail (total coincidence)   AND, they are 2 lots away from us!   Soooo good to see them but only for a quick hug as Mark and I were on our way to next appts.   

Dr. Collins, my hand surgeon was very encouraged with how the hand looks and told me not to worry about the strange sensations (burning, tingling, vibrating, numbness, stiffness, etc.) that are still there after 5 months - always those same 4 words - "plan on a year".    I'm officially done with her unless I have some ? and so easy to reach her thru my portal.    Would highly recommend for any hand issues!

And then my last hurrah with Paul, OT - another wonderful paraffin wax dip and ultrasound along with other little thingys to exercise the palm and fingers.   I have so much respect for these PT/OT folks.   They certainly have helped me!   Paul was awesome!

Paul
Highly recommend this place
Dr. Mehalik, his PA, Michael Young, Dr. Collins and Paul

And finally back home....Kay invited us to their tiki hut, so we grabbed some cold beverages and spent 2+ hours visiting and catching up.    They gave us a tour of their new camper - wow...beautiful!!!   This is a brand new experience for Kay,,,,so far, so good!   Just so happy they are here!   

Jim, Kay and their new home

Leftovers for supper and then went for a walk!   Kay and I are on a shopping mission tomorrow!

Liam called tonight - what a nice treat.   He's getting ready for finals, moving out of the dorm and then he and Connor are running a 1/2 marathon in the Quad Cities on Mother's Day.   Best of luck!!!   Can't believe how fast his freshman year has gone!
















No comments: