Thursday - September 24

Had breakfast at the Comfort Inn in Brownsburg and as we were checking out, I thought the guy at the front desk looked familiar.....Michael Ryan (good name too).    He is a former neighbor 1 block away (years ago) and I knew his Mom well.   Had a nice visit and of course, "it's a small world".
 
Another beautiful day and we arrived in Bloomington around 10:30.   Picked up my car at the airport and I was off to get a manicure (had 2 torn nails....darn....but Lisa took care of 'em)!    Had lunch with Exchange Club and it was a real melancholy hour of reminiscing.    Our club was founded in 1934 and after much discussion we are disbanding the end of September!    Our shrinking membership, inability to attract new members and financial issues were the main decisions.  We have several long-time members, including one who joined in 1955.  I have been an Exchangite since 1993 and have so many wonderful memories and great friendships.   No more Santa letters after all these years - our big fund raiser each year.   We can all be very proud of our contributions to the community sharing with so many who have so little; our youth activities, and so many causes we pursued with the
 main focus of Exchange
"Prevention of Child Abuse".
 
The plan is to keep in touch and meet occasionally, especially in December for a Christmas party.
 
Unpacked our stuff and got some fall clothes out, but it's going to stay warm thru next week, so...
 
Good to be back "home" and the farmers are going great guns with the corn and beans - a lot has been harvested in the fields surrounding Kamp Komfort.
 
After spending time with both Luke and Blair recently, I have to share this little ditty that my friend, Allie gave me.....soooo true!
 
Today, two-year olds can unlock a phone,
open and close their favorite apps
ALL by THEMSELVES...
 
When I was that age,
I WAS EATING DIRT!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: