Wednesday - January 13

I am sooooo proud of Mark.   He went with me today to face Miss Belle ad all the ladies and tried Yoga!    Everyone was very friendly and we had a good chat with Belle beforehand (she is 78 and from southern IL - a snowbird like the majority of us)!    The hour went fast and looking forward to Friday and more stretching and bending and breathing....oh  my!
We've ordered yoga mats from Amazon....so think he's committed!!!
 
Afterwards we went to Gladys's for breakfast.   Okeechobee has several small diners (mom and pop operations) - nothing fancy, but cheap, good food.   Back to Daisy - it's chilly and windy - no sun (sure tries, but just can't come out to stay).
 
Forgot to mention the excellent sandwich I had yesterday at the Osceola Street Café in Stuart -
 ham and brie with fresh pear slices and fresh spinach and some special sauce grilled on a pretzel roll and pressed like a panini - Deeelish!
 
Read, did computer stuff and hunkered down for awhile....
I walked and had a good chat with my Aunt Dee (Mom to cousin Karen who died last week).   Aunt Dee lives in Daytona Beach and on Friday, 1/15 (would have been Karen's 66th birthday), Aunt Dee will carry a purple balloon (Karen's favorite color) to the beach and release over the ocean.  
That made my cry....
 
Another fun happy hour.   It was chilly so I took a blanket and hot decaf with Bailey's   
The temptation to go out to eat isn't that great since we are in the boonies but we did venture into town and had dinner at Tin Fish (a chain which we had never heard of)..    Mark had Alaskan White Fish (fish 'n chips) and I had catfish caught in Lake Okeechobee - both very good.
 
 
 

No comments: