March 15 - Last full day of rehab

Today was the last full day of rehab.  Pat is to be able to go to the boat tomorrow after lunch.  I had a lesson with her today on hints for doing things around the home. We also got in another walk outside after lunch.  A bit cooler than yesterday.

She will either have home health care or out-patient rehab after this.  We'll know more after we talk to the doctor on Weds. and also after we see how she does on the boat.  I'll have her running those throttles in no time......  Well maybe a bit more time than that. I keep pointing out to her that driving this boat is much easier than the sailboat, and she used to drive the sailboat into the slip all the time while I handled all the lines.  I haven't convinced her of that, but this will be the incentive for her to stay at the helm and let me do all the work with the lines and fenders. Got to have those little goals.... 


Wish us luck on the boat tomorrow night.  There are lots of motels on the beach with vacancies if she mutinies on me.

Have to include a picture of Pat's roommate and her husband. 

Fred and Nancy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pat and Mark: Good luck on getting around on the boat. Hopefully, it will be easier than at first thought and you will get the hang of things in no time. JudyB

Anonymous said...

By this time, I hope you are across the gulf. I know the apprehension that goes with a crossing, and I know you will do just fine. Keep and eye on those blasted crab pots. Ever consider getting spurs for your shafts?

Bill G