April 28

Mark, Gary and Darrel are all in Grand Rivers, KY tonight at Green Turtle Bay Marina.    Unfortunately, something is not right with the port (left) engine and after checking everything, changing batteries, using the booster pack, etc., they were finally underway (on one engine) at 11:00   They cruised (slowly at 9 mph) for 43.5 miles arriving at 3:30.  They've used used 60 gallons of fuel the past 2 days.    Mark will talk to the mechanic tomorrow to check the engine and may have Catrina lifted.    Anyway, they are safe and sound and Darrel was there to meet them!   Total mileage from Panama City was 850 miles.   Tonight they are dining at Patti's, a favorite of ours and will be joined by Gary's brother-in-law & sister-in-law (Judy's sister and husband) who live somewhere in Kentucky?    Tomorrow, the guys come HOME!!!

My day strarted with 8:30 therapy which Sigrunn drove me to.   Diane was today's therapist and together we chatted away the 1/2 hour as she moved the arm/shoulder up, down and all around!    Icing for 15 minutes and we were off to Starbucks for coffee and treats - thanks again Sig.

Sigrunn
I was home just a bit and Kathy picked me up for Dr. Pegg's visit to see about the concussion/vertigo.   He was very thorough, explained about the crystals/tiny rocks we all have in our ear canal where balance is controlled, etc.  He showed me the diagram of the inner ear and how this all came about!  Well, during the fall one or more of my crystals/rocks or particles came loose and that is causing the spinning around.   Oddly enough....the fractured shoulder and all other discomfort has been on the left side, but this is right side of head that's got stuff where it shouldn't be.    These crystals/rocks have a sticky substance to them and they need to be put back in place.    So, I will be going to the OSF Balance and Dizziness Clinic and they have a method of somehow putting those little suckers where they belong.   One treatment should do the trick!   Should hear in a few days when that is scheduled.  I am so amazed at all the new medical stuff I've learned or first heard about since 8 weeks ago tonight when this all began...

Beautiful spring day - I walked home from the doctor's office and then took another walk in the neighborhood.    One other interesting tidbit from yesterday.....I have been doing "wall climber"  exercises since Florida where I wore a quilted oven mitt  to slide the hand as high as possible pushing under elbow with my right hand.    Jim, yesterday's therapist said to use a paint roller and try "painting" as high as possible!    I've only just begun!!!!!!

No comments: