April 24


Mark and Gary are fine down in Mississippi in the aftermath of all the tragedy and devastation left behind today from the tornadoes.   They are northeast of Yazoo City.    The pictures on the weather channel tonight are so sad and heartbreaking.  Aberdeen did have high winds and heavy rain, so with the Tombigbee River rising, they will stay over another day and hopefully, resume their cruising on Monday.    They are enjoying more southern hospitality!

I walked to the grocery store this morning and otherwise, just read and did some computer stuff.    Anne, Patrick and boys picked me up for 4:00 Mass.    Liam and Connor stayed with me tonight while Mommy and Daddy went out for dinner celebrating their anniversary.    What fun we had!

Acting soooo silly
The boys decided to play a little tune while I was doing my pulley exercises!    Entertainment is great and sure takes my mind off any aches and pains!

I am amazed at how many folks I've talked to who have experienced the floaters in the eyes and are familiar with the vitreous gel diagnosis.    Certainly a new one for me and now we know the "rest of the story"!

Been using the Downey Wrinkle Release to spray away the wrinkles - sure beats ironing (especially when I can't iron).   Annette had told me about this a while ago and it sure does the trick!!!

Several have asked how I'm getting along without Mark.....all is good here thanks to having Anne and Patrick close by along with great friends and neighbors!    But sure will be good to have him back home later this week!

Anne, the boys and I are going to visit my Dad tomorrow - and Mark's parents will be joining us, too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pat: I did not know anything about the tornados until I turned on CNN tonight and immediately thought of Mark on the river in Mississippi. Glad things are good. I saw where Yazoo City had a lot of damage so they were lucky it was not bad where they are docked. It is so sad down there. These people in Mississippi really have so many troubles this time of year. Was real surprised you could keep Liam and Conner with your shoulder. I guess Liam is old enough to help Conner if he cannot do something for himself. I kept the boys Thursday and Brady dressed himself for bed. He had his pjs on straight and everything. He is really growing up and, of course, thinks he is a lot bigger than he is. OH MY!!! Problems with that sometimes. But boys will be boys!!!! Have a good week and tell Mark Hi when he returns. JudyB