April 20

Okay....first the boaters' adventures.   Mark and Gary had a good day and tonight they are in Fairhope, Alabama.   The traveled 162 miles in 9.5 hours.   They are at the Eastern Shore Marina and filled those diesel tanks with 102 gallons of fuel at $3.07 per gallon!   OUCH!!!!!   CRUNCH!!!   YIKES!!!   We former sailors are still adjusting to this concept of boating!   Ha!

Several have asked exactly where the guys are traveling; so, here are the various waterways/river systems they'll traverse:   Gulf of Mexico/intracoastal waterway to Mobile Bay to the Mobile River to the Tombigbee River to the Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway to the Tennessee River to the Ohio River to the Mississippi River to the Illinois River!    Whew....hope I got this all straight!

My day started with a dermatologist appointment at 8:15 which I drove myself to!   Tah...dah!    Not that far to drive and traffic was light.    Nice to have a non-accident related doctor visit and get my routine once-a-year skin check-up and a good report from Dr. Lucy.

My Sublettian friend, Kay and I share the same birthday (2 months ago today).    We enjoyed a long, leisurely lunch at Jesse's Grill in our new Marriott - wow~!   Beautiful place and delicious food!    Sooo much fun catching up with Kay - we go waaaaay back to early grade school days!
Birthday girls
Anne stopped in after work and then I went for a walk and now settled in for the night!

No comments: