Friday - December 9

Woke up to our first snow this morning - the rooftops and grass were all white.    Liam and Mark were eating breakfast when I left at 7:15 - Connor was still snoozin'.    I drove to Mendota to spend the day.  Started out with yummy breads/cookies/tea at Bob and Linda's and oohed and aahed over their lovely decorations in their new home.    Then to see Dad who was sleepy, but talked a little bit.    While he was napping, I worked on the Christmas cards.    Met my Aunt Marian for lunch at "Regina Lane", new place that was very good.   Back to nursing home to work on cards and visit my cousin, Jim who is there recovering from hip surgery.

Aunt Marian came to visit Dad and Jim and I left around 2:45 to pick up my nephew, Todd at Bob and Linda's.   He's been there all week mudding, sanding and preparing garage walls for painting.   He rode back home with me.    We had supper at Mandarin Garden (Mark, too) and then took him to the train station and he's now on his way to St. Louis.

Good to be in tonight - supposed to get down to 11 degrees by morning. 

 Philip and friends delivered Catrina from Stuart to Lantana, FL and her new temporary home till we get there in January.   

Hope you all have a fun, productive weekend whatever you may be doing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat: Productive day for me too.Got all the gifts I have on hand wrapped tonight. Cards to be addressed yet, but maybe I can work on them tomorrow before the Advance crowd gets here. They are coming for a party with the Grands staying home with us old folks. We might take the kids to a movie and out to eat. Depends when they arrive. Stay warm and don't send any of that snow to NC. Still a few presents to get. Love, Judy