Thursday - December 1

Twelve years ago today, Mark and I became grandparents for the first time with the birth of Andrew Michael (Drew) in North Carolina.    My oh my, how the years fly by...

Happy Birthday Sweetie!
Drew hanging out on Catrina with his I-pad

I spent most of today in Mendota with Dad - he was very sleepy, but enjoyed a piece of kringle and a small chocolate crunch bar (he loves his sweets).   I met my sister-in-law, Linda for lunch and good chat.  

Talked to Mark a few times and his boat jobs are pretty much done - going to hang out with Philip at home tomorrow.

Went to see Liam and Connor and their neat Christmas decorations in and outside.   Missed these little guys.   Anne, the boys and I went to Bob Evans for supper and then I ran a few errands.

Three weeks ago today, Mark and I started out with Catrina leaving Norfolk - 2 big weeks of boating and 1 week with Philip and Annette (with NC kids and kiddies in between) made for a fun fall getaway.   We packed in a lot of miles during that time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pat: Got your text and so enjoyed hearing from you especially with this message of remembering that wonderful night with the birth of both of our first grandsons. Leigh and I were talking about that night while she was here over Thanksgiving and us playing dominos while Brooke was in surgery having Drew. A very stressful week for sure. I had just been to Winston to schedule my endoscopy, still having trouble from the gall bladder surgery and then Brooke in labor all that day (think it was a Wednesday) ending with a C section late that evening. But everything turned out great with our Drewby coming into our lives. Talked to him after his ballgame tonight. Not a guy of many words on the phone, but he did say he did not feel any older. His team won their game and they were just going out to eat crab legs (his favorite) so I think he had a good birthday. Love, Judy