Wednesday - December 16

Rainy morning as Mark and I went out the door together before 7 - he was off to have breakfast with Henry, long time friend from work and I walked at the mall.    That is the best time to walk....Christmas lights are on, but otherwise limited lighting with Christmas tunes playing, the yummy smells coming from Mrs. Fields cookies and the walkers well spaced out thruout the mall.
I was surprised that Bergner's opens at 7.....Kohls, too, but they seem to be open 24/7 these days!
 
After breakfast at Carmela's and good visit with Henry, Mark went to the mall for his walk.   I stopped at Starbucks (my breakfast - a cinnamon dolce latte) and then off to therapy.    Lee took more measurements and did evaluation to send to Dr Naour for this afternoon's appt.    Picked Mark up and we were off to Mackinaw and the Garden Gate Tea Room and beautiful, wonderful shopping, especially with all the Christmas décor - it is quite the place.    Allie, Owen, Jane and Joe all came from Peoria and we had a wonderful lunch in the tea room (the guys were the only men there - jammed packed with the ladies), but they loved their meals, too.   As always, enjoyed lots of chatter and after our hugs and Merry Christmas wishes, we all parted ways with plans to meet in
Florida in February.   
 
My delicious lunch (and Allie)
 
Here we are....Allie and Owen, Pat and Mark, Jane and Joe
 
After we got back into town, we had several stops (very windy, but sunny) and then home.   One of our stops was to deliver baby clothes and $ donations to Birthright from the Sublettians.    They were extremely grateful and it was such a warm, fuzzy feeling we could do our little part in bringing joy and comfort to several Moms and babies

 I had appt. with Dr. Naour at 4:00 and he is very pleased with how I'm doing on the Gabapentin.    He suggests I keep doing the therapy at home and can eventually get off the Gabapentin gradually.    I'm scheduled for 5 more sessions of therapy, but will probably just do 3 since we are heading to FL and Lee said it wouldn't really make any difference at this point.    My main area of discomfort/pain is when I turn my neck from side to side (at stop signs), but that has improved, too.   So...happy with this report and if I feel the need for more professional therapy in FL, he will take care of writing up the orders.
 
Got home at 4:40, just sat for a bit till we were off for Connor's Christmas Choral concert at St. Pat's Church.   It was K-4th grades and put on a good variety of Christmas music.

Connor singing "Silver Bells" with his 4th grade classmates
 
 

No comments: