Wednesday - October 14

Another crazy windy day - each day seems to get stronger with today's gusts at 41 mph.    We were off to town.   Mark dropped me at the laundromat, helped get all the clothes inside and 6 wash machines going.   Then he left for appt. with Larry Strong (trainer) and did his back exercises with Larry's helpful hints.  

I went next door to Gloria Jeans and got a delicious white chocolate almond latte (new and so good)!  Back to the laundry and whoaaa, walked in and heard this very loud noise coming from one of my machines (only 1 other guy doing his laundry).    Once the machines start, the door locks and so there was no way I could check what in the heck was making so much very loud banging - like nuts and bolts and screws and bricks and more.    The custodian was there cleaning and I asked him what to do?    He said "WHAT have you got in there"?     I laughed and said I was pretty sure the noise wasn't coming from my clothes, but he said "must be the machine - a bearing going out, but can't do anything till it's done".    So kept clanging away but quiet when it was spinning.    Finally, after several more minutes and one more BIG crash, it was done!    So I opened the door and first of all, the little soap pod fell out totally intact....(not good) and then pulled out clothes that felt almost totally dry followed by dripping wet clothes????   The guy came over and said "Yup, I think it's the bearing".   He put an "out of order" sign on it and I had to find another machine and start all over again.

Got the other stuff dried, folded and waiting on last load to finish when Mark arrived back.   Well, this new machine got stuck with 1 minute left?    Of course, we tried pushing all the buttons, but the 1-minute screen lasted well over 10 minutes and totally frustrated us.   What is going on with this batch of clothes???    Mark pressed firmly on the door and tah dah....finally shut off and got out my clean clothes, dried, folded and on back to Flo.    I can't wait to get back to our she shed and my own washer and dryer!!!!

Put the clothes away, had lunch and then back to town around 1.   Stopped at storage to get some bags for FL and our funeral clothes.    Few other stops, picked up the boys from CCHS, took them home and then to WalMart for grocery pick-up.

Here they come....

The winds were totally CRAZEEEE....and so much dirt/dust flying in the air.

Where we pick up WalMart order on Bloomington's west side, there is an antique shop nearby and this cow is always standing out front, but not today...

Poor Bessie...the wind was just too much!

Did Zoom with Claire and Kathy, supper and then a nice quiet evening!

Since hearing the devastating news about Sue's passing on Monday, so many thoughts and memories keep popping up.     As I said, she was extremely generous and so giving and sharing with whatever she had (very crafty and loved cooking/baking).    Sue was an excellent cook and baker and every Christmas season, she would start her cookie baking in November and freeze her goodies for giving during the holidays.    We were always blown away by the amount of cookies she made each year and gave as gifts to co-workers, clients, neighbors, etc.   And of course, she would bring gobs to the Chamberlain Christmas which we devoured with "Oh, Sue....these are sooo good" as each of us had our favorites.    She was known to set aside a plate of a certain favorite for a niece or nephew (1 time for me - a "to die for" turtle cookie).    I will always remember how thoughtful that was, but that was Sue!   She also made thee best pies, fried chicken and much more.......

Last year, Sue made 125 dozen and at least 10-15 different kinds.    As a niece wrote on FB, "I will never eat another cookie without thinking of Aunt Sue".

I mentioned the other day that Sue was 9th out of the 13 siblings (10 girls and 3 boys).     Carol, oldest, died in 1992 of MS (October 24th) and now Sue passed away on October 12th (28 years and 12 days apart).     Thinking that the sisters (+ Mom and Dad) are so happy to be reunited in heaven cause if there were ever 2 very special angels, they would be Carol and Sue.

I have 2 brothers and no sisters, so when I married Mark, I instantly had 10 sisters and what a joy they are.    We have so much fun together and each is special in her own way - all my brothers-in-law are pretty darn great, too, as are my 2 sisters-in-law.    So blessed to be part of this large Chamberlain clan!

Tomorrow we have doctor appts. (back and eyes) and had planned to take off with Flo and start the long trek to Fort Myers.    But the new plan is to leave Sunday.










    



.mnbnm,.,mnbm,.7890-


 memories, cookies,

No comments: