Sunday, May 15

High of 48 today, rainy and breezy - not our typical May weather but nothing about this spring has been typical!!!!!!    Mark and I went to 8:00 Mass, then to Farm and Fleet and on home.   His parents and sister, Karen came for a nice visit and lunch.    Anne, Patrick, and boys joined us, too.     Our planned picnic on the porch was moved into dining room.    Patrick took the boys home after we ate for naps and Anne went to a bridal shower.   After the folks and Karen left, I was cleaning up the dining room (we have a swinging door between dining room and kitchen) - it closed as I was walking into kitchen with table cloth and napkins in my hands and CRASH....CRUNCH....scared the heck out of us!   The mirror that is in top part of door (dining room side) came down with a horrendous crash and major mess of a trillion shards, slivers and many large chunks of mirror!     My oh my.....Liam and Connor had just been here and rest of us, plus carrying food  in there....scary!    Thanks goodness no one was hurt!    We've lived here 35 years and the ole mirror just gave way...

Good night to stay in with laptops and Nooks.  Maybe we'll see some sun tomorrow???


No comments: