Monday - April 1

Very pretty day......I went to breakfast with the neighbors this morning - everyone back together after winter travels except Mark.    Left him home to recuperate - feeling a "little" better today, but lying low for a while.   I ran some errands, home for lunch and then outdoors to do some more raking.   The sun is deceiving.....it is windy and makes the air feel "raw", a favorite expression my
Dad used to say....."Ooooh, looks nice out, but that wind is "RAW"!!!  Lots of sticks and of course, the ever present gumballs which continue to fall....

I met the Monday Night Gals at Los Portillo's for some good Mexican fare, a margarita and then Marsha surprised us with a delicious pie......new recipe "Frozen Strawberry Margarita Pie"

Mark has been resting all day....let's hope tomorrow is the turn around!
 
Today would've been my Mom's 94th birthday........can't believe it's almost 4 years since
she's been gone!    How excited she would've been with one new baby here and 2 more coming to our family soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is hard to believe your Mom has been gone four years!!! Time goes by so much quicker the older we get or I think it does. Even though we are very busy I think our prospective is different when we were rearing kids and all that entails.

Finally got on the lake with the pontoon today. A little chilly, but all in all a great day on the lake. We almost had it to ourselves. I don't think a single boat passed us. A lot of people on their docks doing maintenance and general clean up after the Winter. I do hope our weather is going to stay warmer during the day anyway. I think one day this week is supposed to be cold, but for the most part it is or they say we are going to have nice weather.

Tell Mark we do hope he will feel better soon. As I said in my text this morning, Bob got something on the cruise with all this drainage and runny nose. Just all this gunk and a little cough too. His throat was a little scratchy at first, but that passed pretty quickly. He is still fighting all the drainage and still has a runny nose. But other than that he says he feels all right. Colds just take their own sweet time especially when you are older I guess.

Well have a great week and don't work too hard with all the Winter clean up. Got a note from Shmoo and she said they are flying to Florida this coming Saturday. Guess you are going back soon too.

Love, Judy