Monday - March 23

Good Monday to you.....something I did not mention when I did the blog last night was that yesterday when I was getting out of the car in parking lot of my aunt's condo, I stepped on pavement and then did not step on curb which was right there and went flying    My left side got the brunt of it as my 3 little toes are bruised and black 'n blue and my chest is hurting....may have bruised or fractured a rib?   I remember so well the pain when I fell on Catrina in the Bahamas and fractured 3 ribs.     This is not quite as bad, but hurts when I take a deep breath, laugh, cough, sneeze, etc.  Aaaarrghhhh!  
 But also thinking it could've been much worse.    My best friend right now is ibuprofen.
 
This little miss greeted us this morning...what a way to start our day!
 
Sweet Pea took a nasty tumble on the pontoon about a week ago and has a boo boo.
She needed stitches, but has been such a trooper about it all!
 
We went to 9:30 Mass and then to Biscotti for breakfast. 
 
Mark's sister, Janet called to tell us about her nasty fall yesterday.    Janet is a high school math teacher and was with several of her students yesterday (Sunday) at school working on a special project    She tripped when a shoelace got caught under a chair leg and she went flying..... she seriously damaged her rotator cuff, but won't know all the details till she sees an orthopedic doctor which isn't till Wednesday.    We had a good chat commiserating about our "shoulder" issues.   I sooo feel for her especially since it was her right shoulder and she's not able to do much of anything!   It was my left shoulder back in 2010.
 
We made lots of lists and phone calls related to the house.   Off to a good start on this big project! 
The rain came around 2 and really poured for awhile - had a lake behind Daisy

Enjoying this slow-paced day - just what we needed after all the travels and go go go and definitely "made some waves"!!!

Nice evening after the rain....we went for a walk and felt so good!    My cold is better, but still coughing.    Time will heal the ribs/muscles, or whatever in the chest area is hurting!








 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: