Wednesday-Friday, November 8-10

Wednesday - I left Bloomington at 7:50 and on my way to Mendota where I met sister-in-law Linda and friend Carol (we did crafts together for many years) at Cindy's for breakfast.    So good to catch up as I had not talked to Carol in years.    I'm staying at Bob and Linda's for a few days.   I decorated Linda's Christmas tree while listening to the holiday tunes.   I appreciate her asking me if I wanted to do the tree cause as a nomad I don't get to do that!!!    It was fun and here's the finished project (minus the star at the top which Blair pointed out right away when I sent a picture).

The tree without a star!

I visited my cousin Jim at the Lutheran Home in the afternoon and sat with him for the hour-long sing along led by Michelle playing the guitar.    22 of us sang all so many old timey songs!!!    My cousin Dick and Mary came for drinks and then we all went to The China House for their excellent buffet (always a treat when we come to Mendota).    Great fun visiting and eating!

Mark arrived in Newton, NC and staying with Brooke and the kids (Michael is in California).

Thursday - Linda and I left around 8:45 for Geneva and shopping at Little Traveler.   Oh what fun and the perfect way to get us in the spirit of the season,   This is just thee most wonderful huge house that is full of everything (clothing, gifts, holiday décor, toys and much more)!!!

We had a great day and then topped it off with my Aunt Marian coming over and along with Bob, Linda and me, we played 4-handed euchre, drank wine, ate pizza and apple pie alamode
.    Lots of fun!!!

Mark was off to Nebo to stay with Annette, Luke and Maeve (Philip is working in Florida).    He took Luke to his swim lesson in the afternoon after pre school.

Friday - Bob and Linda left for Glen Ellyn and a big shopping weekend with their daughter Jennifer.    I left for Rockford to pick up Janet (sister) and then to Panera to buy pastries for tomorrow's breakfast (my contribution).     So 11 of us are hanging out together (missing Nancy) at Doris' hone on Eagle Lake near Kansasville, WI. 
Mark took Luke to school and then how fortunate that he was there on just the right day for "Grandparents Day".    He thoroughly enjoyed the morning and then lunch with Luke at school.
Tonight he's in London, KY.

 Grandpa and Luke
  
6 of us played Hand 'n Foot in the afternoon and then 4 more rolled in around 5.    We had Mexican Spaghetti, Lydia's wonderful homemade egg rolls and lots more....oink oink!!!

Beth arrived around 9ish...and now we're all here and the fun continues!




No comments: