Friday - May 18

A leisurely morning on Flo and then off to Peoria to meet Allie and Owen at The Blue Duck for lunch - this is a BBQ Tavern and very good.     The popular River Station restaurant was in this same location for many years and where we told Michael, Anne and Philip that they were going to have a new brother or sister back on Thanksgiving weekend, 1984.
 
We missed Jane and Joe today....Jane is not feeling well!
 
Great to visit with Allie and Owen and then we walked across the street to "Running Central" a work-out clothing/shoe store that was quite unique.    After Brian,  the PA yesterday telling me I needed new tennies, we found this place just 1/2 block from The Blue Duck.     I couldn't believe the professional staff who did all this measuring of my feet, watching me walk and asking several questions.    Walked out of there with new Mizunos after trying on several different brands!
 
Said our good byes to these dear friends - not sure when we'll be together again?
 
Eating at The Blue Duck
 
Allie and I are trying on new tennies at
Running Central
 
Back to Flo, took a little power nap, read and just hunkered down.     So distraught again about the tragic shooting in Texas.....I can't imagine how the folks are feeling in Dixon, IL after Wednesday's shooting but so thankful their outcome was much better.
 
Hip feels great - sooo happy and grateful for cortisone injection!
Mark is still coughing!
 
So tomorrow, very bright and early, I'm going into town and hanging out with my Monday Night Friends at Nadine's home to watch the Royal Wedding festivities!    Should be a fun time!
 
Luke and classmates
last few days of pre school
 
 Have a great weekend!
 
 
 

No comments: