March 18 - preparing to depart

The forecast looks good for Friday and Saturday on the gulf so we will give it a try tomorrow morning.  Today was spent in preparation.  A boating neighbor helped me take Catrina about 4 miles away to fill the fuel tanks.  At one time I asked him to look in on Pat down below as I was driving from the upper station.  He reported that she was still on the phone. Think she talked the whole 4 miles so the trip did not have a negative impact on her!!

A Physical Therapist came this afternoon to review exercises she should now be doing.  We will continue therapy in Apalachicola (or that is the plan for now).

Pat's brother Ron will go with us.  Brothers and Sisters-in-law Ron, Bob, Vicki, and Linda along with a good friend of Vicki's came to eat on St. Pete Beach.  Ron will spend the night with us and we hope to be going at first light.   Our destination depends on weather, waves, and Pat.  Could be Clearwater (20 miles),  Anclote Key (40 miles) or Cedar Key (90 Miles).

If we don't post tomorrow night you will know we were on our way and some of these destinations may not have internet access.  We should be back in access range for sure by Sunday.  If we are without Internet for 2 days I'll have to increase Pat's pain medicine or she will be going thru withdrawal!

Bob, Linda, Ron, Vicki, and Helen after a very good meal at the
 Oyster Shucker.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pat: Good luck on the cruising tomorrow. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and the sea will be calm with no wind. JudyB

Anonymous said...

Pat: Good luck on the cruising tomorrow. Hopefully the weather will cooperate with calm seas and no wind. JudyB

Anonymous said...

Pat: Sorry about the double post. For some reason the first did not come up so I thought I had posted the wrong word verification so wrote another and what do I see the original post. OOPS!!!!!!! JudyB

Anonymous said...

Pat: Something is very wrong with this comment section tonight. I posted one note and it did not come up. Then I posted it again and both came up. OOPS!!!! I then posted a comment explaining why there were two comments and it did not come up. So I am now posting the explanation again. I am not losing my mind I don't think!!!!!!!!! JudyB

Leigh said...

Hey Pat! I am glad that you and poor Mark are on the mend! What a crazy accident! Thank you for teaching Mark how to update the blog! His comments are cracking me up!