March 22 - Start of major rehab

We called the local Physical Therapy Center early this morning.  They got Pat in at 1:45 for paperwork, evaluation, and a  session. About 3:45 they called and told me she was done.  Boy was she "Done in".  They really worked her arm.  She said it was a good session but painful.  At breakfast this morning the locals were really talking up Tom the therapist.

Pat is enjoying the local southern hospitality.  She is "Miss Pat" to everyone at the Therapy Center.  She will have 3 sessions a week and exercises she is to do every 2 hours, then ice pack on the shoulder after the exercises.

For me it seemed like the day flew by,  I got a couple of things done on the boat list, but I'd better keep 'truckin' if I'm to get done before kids show up this weekend.


As we sat here tonite two 'pirate' ships came by.  They stopped at the restaurant just up the creek.  Don't know where they are from. 

Pat also had a good chat with Ryan.  He is in Bremerton, WA and leaves for San Diego tomorrow.  Philip is on the Tiger cruise with him.  We'll do it some other time, but lots of tears for Pat because we are missing that.  As Ryan says "Mom you could have it a lot worse, I'll have other cruises." 

Based on our first day here, I know we're going to enjoy "Apalach"!

No comments: