March 20 - Spring begins

What a difference a day makes.  Today was calm winds and seas 1 foot or less. Had a great crossing. Of course no day of boating is without it's challenges.  Port engine would hardly turn over this morning.  Pat always wonders about all the 'stuff' I bring along, but that stuff came thru.  I have a battery booster pack which was needed to give the battery a jump start.  Looks like it's time to replace some batteries.

Then the chartplotter stopped until we found the loose wire.  Everything comes in threes so when the depth guage quit I wasn't surprised.  Turned out it just need to be powered off and back on and was fine.

Other than that you could not have asked for a better day.  We drove a bit slower as Bob and Liz can not go as fast as we can.  We still did 15 mph in the calm waters (could have done 19-20).  Total trip was 129 miles.  Saw a number of dolphins doing some great jumps.  Ron also saw a huge turtle when he was outside walking around the boat.

Other good news, --  very few crab pots.   As I said what a difference a day makes. 

We are settled in at Apalachicola for the next 3 weeks.

Pat is feeling very good.  Enjoyed today much better than yesterday.  I keep asking her when the blog duties will move --- wish me luck on that one.

Happy Spring


Pat at the helm (ok, so she didn't touch the helm as the Autopilot was doing all the work)
Ron hard at work
We let Ron enjoy some fresh air and take a break now and then. Notice the calm seas.
Pat is back in the swing of picture taking and eating. (I just go along to be a good sport)  Love the Fresh Fried Oysters.

2 comments:

Jim and Lydia said...

Haven't had a chance to keep up with your blog, Mark since I goof with my schedule and accidentally scheduled myself for 5 straight 12 hour days. I know, your brother said, oh, just like regular people. I had to remind him that my job is not just sitting down. Oh, Well, my big mistake, but the paycheck was sure nice. Thanks for taking such good care of our sister; the updates, the laundry, the shopping, the cooking, and etc. etc. etc.!! Don't forget to give your brother, Jim some pointers, but we hope he never has to experience what you guys have. Hope you and Pat are mending along uneventfully. Don't forget to take care of yourself too.
Love your blog, please keep it up. Thanks for using my song suggestion! I love the music choices too! Take care and good night!
Much love,
Jim and Lydia

Anonymous said...

Mark: I know you would just as soon not eat at all those wonderful places you seem to find. You really don't care for food at all!!!!!!!!!!!HAHA I think Pat should just turn the Blog over to you and sit back and enjoy your writings for a few weeks. Remember she has a hurt arm and really needs her rest!!!!!!!!! Glad Ryan is back in the USA, at least, for awhile. JudyB