May 20

Greetings on a wet Thursday - been getting a lot of rain most of the day and more predicted!    So.....the hope and plan and dream of moving Catrina is not going to happen.    Mark talked to Fern Hoppe again today and got her assessment of the river - NOT good and levels probably won't be going down for another week or so.    The St. Louis port is still closed and they were getting heavy rain (Kentucky, too).

We are leaving tomorrow afternoon for Grand Rivers - little getaway to check on Catrina, etc.    We enjoyed a nice quiet day at home - alleluia!   NO eating out for me - imagine that!   I cooked a nice dinner tonight (good comfort food) - sweet & sour meatloaf, baked potatoes and fresh fruit!   I'm graduatlly finding my way around the kitchen again!    HA!

I've got a new exercise to strengthen the arm/shoulder taking a 3' long large dowel rod and stretching it over my head as far as it will go while lying on the floor.    Hope this finds you high and dry wherever you are...looking forward to 80 and 90 degrees this weekend!

No comments: