May 26


Happy Birthday to Mark's Dad who is 89 years young today!!!
Dad/Grandpa C

I started the day off at therapy with Jim and he took me to a new machine in another part of the clinic.   This was an upper body cycle and from there we went in a cubicle with curtains and I teased him that now I could scream and shout and yell and whatever as it was more private and he laughed and said "Yeah...it's soundproof, too!"   Well, that wasn't quite the case, but it was a different setting from being out in the open with all the other patients and therapists doing their thing.     It was not so bad today and as usual, we just yakked and yakked (I love my therapists - they are just the best folks - Lee, Diane and Jim)!!!   There are so many familiar faces day in and day out and everyone has a "story" about why they're there!    And then, always new faces on the scene - what a place!    Physical therapy is a whole different world and certainly not one I was familiar with, but as the days go on and on, I continue to be so amazed at all the wonderful things accomplished here!

I ran some errands (nice to be driving again on the less-traveled streets), and then Mark and I went to my Exchange club meeting/luncheon where he was guest speaker giving a talk/slide show on his boat delivery on the various rivers and.....waiting to continue the journey???   

Mark doing his spiel on "boat delivery from FL to KY"

 Afterwards, we ran more errands, came home and I pulled some weeds (one-handed) and we had a good chat with the "Birthday Boy"!!!    We enjoyed a really nice dinner at Cafe Italia and chose 3 kinds of delicious gelato and took to Anne, Patrick, Liam, Connor and Mary (Patrick's Mom).   Sat out on their new 3-seasons room which is under construction, but coming down the home stretch!   They will love it!!!

Anne and Patrick in front of their new addition
Connor and Liam in their playhouse!

Tomorrow I'm off to Chicago on the train and meeting my 2 sisters-in-law for 2 days of  "girl fun".   Be back on the blog after that!!!

No comments: