May 4

Mark took me to therapy with Lee at 8:30.   He was pleased with the progress I made from the first time I saw him 11 days ago.   Tom, a high school senior was observing today.   He plans to study physical therapy in college and was getting a first-hand review of what goes on in this very busy place.   Tom's Mother is an occupational therapist at the clinic.

After therapy, Mark took me for a manicure and then Bed, Bath & Beyond to shop a bit.   Carol picked me up and off to Biaggi's with the boating friends (several canceled), but those of us there sure had fun and delicious lunch.   They seated us in the back room - so chatter away we did!!!
Aubree, Barb, Carol, Kathy, Pat and Judy
Aubree with Grandma Barb - what a delightful little girl who enjoyed lunch out with the big girls today!!!

 Carol brought me home and I  started packing as Mark told me the change in plans.    We are driving to North Carolina and leaving tomorrow afternoon.    We had originally planned to fly - going to see Michael, Brooke and boys and celebrate Davis's First Communion this weekend. 

Mark's plans for moving Catrina are temporarily on hold with all the flooding on the rivers.    We are driving to Grand Rivers, KY and stay on the boat tomorrow night and check things out after all the rain.    Flooding on the Cumberland River, too, but nothing like Nashville.   How sad....

Ed and Donna Rae invited us for wine/snacks and then we had dinner at their retirement home.    Afterwards, Mark and I did our Alaska talk for several of the residents.    We enjoyed this nice bunch of folks and the evening ended with Q & A and refreshments.  
Kathy (activities director) and Donna Rae

No comments: