May 31


Happy Memorial Day....hope you had a great day?    Big news is that boaters (Mark and Bill) are off and anchored near Smithfield (small island) about 30 miles from Green Turtle Bay.   They had strong current and some rainy, windy conditions, but did get thru the first lock without a problem and tomorrow.......big day of around 110 miles.

I helped pass out flags with my Exchange Club at the Memorial Day parade - Giveakidaflagtowave was a rousing success - huge crowd on this sunny Monday morning.

The first 2 flags I passed out were to my little buddies, Liam and Connor who were at the start of the parade route.
Grandma and her little Navy boys
My fellow Exchanite members

Ran some errands after the parade and then a thunderstorm rolled thru in the early afternoon.   I went to Anne and Patrick's at 3 and we sat on the new porch and visited.   Anne's long-time friend, Donna was there and so good to catch up with her.    We had delicious chicken on the grill, cole slaw, baked beans and deviled eggs.
Here's the boys enjoying patriotic cake and ice cream
Donna and Anne

After supper, Anne, the boys and I went for a walk around the lake - beautiful evening!
The boys stopped at the playground...
These 2 had been pretending they were dinosaurs (Connor was a baby; Liam, a grown-up) and then they got to sit on the dinosaur at the park!!!
GREAT holiday fun!!!

No comments: