Monday - May 10

 We were up early and bye bye to KK after a nice 3-week stay at our Illinois home.    I left in the car around 7ish and drove to Crafted for a latte and some muffins-to-go (favorites - cinnamon streusel with caramel and blueberry cream cheese).    Not sure we'll come across anything quite as good as these!

We had over 2.5" of rain yesterday and sure saw lots of standing water in the fields and ditches!   The rain was most welcome for the farmers and we saw the first corn popping up!    Now some warm sunshine will really help with the planting and growing.

Mark was behind me with Flo and Big Red.    We met in the parking lot of Eastland Suites and went inside to ask if we could park there for about 2 hours - "no problem" and also made our reservation for December when we'll be back for our 6th year!    Then we were off to storage and then our dental appointments (all good for both of us).    One more errand and we were on our way at 10:37.     I cranked up the oldies and followed Flo all the way.    Stopped in Oakwood for lunch and overall, a really pretty day (mostly sunny with a high of 62).   

Clouds rolled in later and we arrived at the Yogi Bear Jellystone Park in Knightstown, IN at 3:30 (back on eastern time).    The 1 mile road to the park just off the interstate is really bad - rough gravel with MANY potholes full of water.  

 I have had Susan as my hygienist for many years and we always chat about our kids, travels, etc.    We talked about our trip coming up and various other things.    As she was finishing up with me, I asked how her daughter (Audra) was doing (she got married last September just before my last appt.)    And then she told me that Scot (her son-in-law and Audra's husband of 8 months) had been killed in an Air Force crash on February 19th.    I was so shocked and she went on to tell me the details from that dreadful day (he was training another student pilot) when their T-38 crashed after a touch and go in Montgomery, AL.    Whoaaa.......heartbroken for Susan, Audra and their family.    I got very teary-eyed.

I love the song "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond and it was a "signature" song (one of several) that Patrick played at all his shows.    The crowd loved it and would sway to the music, dancing, singing, laughing, and having such a good time - Patrick most of all.      And now whenever I hear that song, brings back so many memories and the tears come.    Yesterday, they played it at Rob Dobs when we were having brunch and then today one of my oldies.    More tears.    This big hit now still so popular from 50 years ago.

Tonight we drove into Knightstown (4 miles south) for a very good dinner at Los Charros Mexican.   After dinner, we drove around this little town of 2,000+ and found the Hoosier Gym where the film "Hoosiers" was filmed back in 1986. 

Hoosier Gym
Knightstown, IN

  On back to Flo and settled in for the night.    Tomorrow, onto Columbus, OH and store my car for a few months.    More on that tomorrow!  

Liam and Connor played Prairie Central tonight and won 10-2.     Anne sent the infield diagram - check out the runners at 1st, 3rd and the pitcher!   I cracked up!!!






No comments: