Wednesday - February 17

 It's Ash Wednesday - the official start of the Lenten Season.    And for the first time that I can ever remember, Mark and I did not receive ashes.   

After another night of rain (4th straight), I went for a walk - much cooler and damp.    Mark was off to downtown for a haircut and then a Wal-Mart pick-up.  The One Blood Mobile was here at the park today along with Dusty's Produce Stand and The Hungry Pony food truck.

I had an 11:00 appt. for donating blood and the technician told me to take it easy the rest of the day - no walking!    So, that's what I did, including a little nap, read my book, played some virtual euchre with Mark and we went to Mass with Bishop Reed in Boston for Ash Wednesday.

Had some goodies from the Hungry Pony - grilled avocado Caprese and grilled chilie lime veggies + our tuna salad followed by more of that awesome chocolate cake.

Yummy lunch
Linda's chocolate cake before we dug in!

The flowers in the park continue to flourish - hibiscus, bougainvillea and these luscious impatiens


Here's sweet Maeve on the move and enjoying the sunshine today as they are expecting an ice storm starting at 7 PM tonight and ending 7 PM tomorrow night!
Go Maeve Go

Silly Gibson loves the snow and cold!

Mark went for some good walks today and sat outside under Flo's awning reading.    Boy, taking my blood this morning really made me tired.....

No comments: